Recently, I have talked about how important it is that we support healthy lifestyles for our patients and ourselves. The hospital has made a number of changes to show our ongoing commitment to this important goal, including free use of our fitness center in our Pavilion building. If you haven’t had a chance to see these changes, read more about them in my February 1st blog post.
We are taking it one step further and offering an Employee Wellness Fair this Friday, April 13, from 10 am to 2 pm in the West Wing Classrooms. Light refreshments will be served.
Numerous fitness-related vendors will be present from Loudoun and Fairfax Counties to answer questions and provide information about their services, including:
- Sport and Health
- Gold’s Gym
- LA Boxing
- Potomac River Running (with electronic foot analysis)
- Capital MMA
- Elite Fitness (Crossfit)
- The Bike Lane
- A fitness demonstration conducted by a personal trainer at 11 am
There will also be…
- Blood pressure screenings and skin cancer risk assessments offered by Employee Health
- Healthy eating advice from RHC’s Food and Nutrition Services
- Warning signs of diabetes offered by The Diabetes Education Center
- Free healthy food samples from Whole Foods
- A door prize will be awarded to a randomly selected employee at the end of the event
I hope you will take a few minutes to stop by and get in the spirit of good health! To encourage you in starting or maintaining good health, the first 25 people who bring Linda Smyser, in the administration office, something from the health fair will get a coupon for a free fruit smoothie at Lentine’s coffee shop in the main lobby.
Have you been inspired by someone to change your lifestyle to one focused on good health? If so, I’d like to hear your story as a response to this blog post. I know it will help encourage others.